The 4 missions of FPTP:
1. The Foundation aims to promote and support nationally and internationally scientific research, especially through the following activities:
- the creation, development and management of a Technology Park, open to Universities, Research Institutes, institutions and enterprises. The purpose is to promote and develop stable linkages and synergies between research institutions, companies, associations and organizations, and the connection of these players with the University Park;
- the management of a Technology Research Center of excellence. Aims of the Center are biotechnological research of excellence in agro-food sector, with particular reference to the livestock sector, agricultural production and food, research on bio-safety, health, nutrition and environment;
- the creation, promotion and management of a center for technological innovation transfer for associations, institutions and enterprises to facilitate their local integration. The center is an incubator for the birth of economic activities with mainly a biotech focus;
- the promotion, realization and implementation of services and studies for public and private, regarding food safety.
2. The Foundation fosters training activities to support technology transfer.
3. The Foundation aims at promoting and supporting international cooperation projects through scientific knowledge transfer to the poorest countries for the implementation of development projects in the agro-food sector to contribute, as much as possible, the affirmation of ethical principles along which new technologies should help to reduce the gap between rich and poor countries and should help them to reach better levels of self-sufficiency.
4. The Foundation promotes the realization of the University Center of Lodi.